Thursday 25 October 2012

Interaction between characters

This animation is an Interaction test between two characters. The blue character is assuming the role of a guard/soldier, whilst the other character is an intruder. His landing and jump shows a maximum amount of contact with the ground, as would be needed.
There is still a lot of work to be done, but I chose this animation because it's a part of my assignment film. I will be going back into this and redoing it from scratch, making it fit purpose.



I sketched out my main poses to convey on paper before making the models act out.
As reference for the punch and the jump/land I used two videos I found on Youtube.
One, by Stephen Brooks of Rubber Onion Animation

And a second which is a tutorial for Parkour/Free running

This video was found on Youtube, but they also have a website, http://www.urbanfreeflow.com
If you want to animate jumping/landing and other physical elements, Free Running/Parkour is a good place to see it done, since it is done in an Urban area and not in a gym, there is more realism to it, making use of objects you may be using in your animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment