Saturday 6 October 2012

Drawing for animation pt2

In this post, I will be showing muscle structuring, with examples of the human anatomy and animal anatomy.

Four examples of the human muscle structure, focusing on the upper body.

Using an anatomical model, we had to draw what we could see from whatever angle we were at, here I was on the back left of the model. One side of the model showed more muscle mass than the other, which displayed the skeletal structure more clearly. From where I was sat, you could see examples of the bicep, tricep, latimus dorsi, trapezius, deltiod, sterno mastiod and the external oblique. 

This view was of the front right of the model, allowing view of the facial muscles, and the muscle groups named above.

A drawing which should have been larger, to allow for more detail to show, a dog. Firstly we were to draw it's skeletal structure, and on top of that, in a different pencil, the muscles. When we drew this, we noticed that the bone structure is similar to that of a human, with a few differences in size, some slight shape change and the lack of the collar bone. The same was with the muscle groups. The muscles are in a very similar set up. I added the drawing of Trudy, because she's great.

Our next challenge was to mix the bone structure of a couple different animals to create a totally outrageous animal. With my example, I drew a horse, but gave it the lower jaw of a whale. Although this would stop the horse from eating, I held to the notion that this creature gains sustenance through blood, stabbing it's prey with it's insane jaw. -oh, my imagination! 

This lovely little chap (or chick) is a drawing I was quite proud of! Drawn firstly by boiling the shape down into basic shapes, then added to to give it detail. This dog is covered in fur, which covers the muscle mass, making it appear less defined.
Whilst drawing this, I discovered the importance of negative space, to get the spacing and size correct.

This big beastie looks fierce, but I'm assured it's a really well mannered dog. She's a whippet that was born with a rare affliction which gives it double muscle mass. It's truly an impressive sight. The cranium of the dog seems a little too large on this drawing, but the definition of her muscles I felt came out very nicely, conveying the tone nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment