Saturday 6 October 2012

Drawing for animation pt5

Arcs, squashing, stretching, timing and spacing.
Three examples of arcs. Two of a laptop and how it would arc from open to closed, pivoting on a hinge and a clock and how it would arc around it's central pivot. This also shows examples of spacing.

Using a pendulum example, I have shown timing and arcing.


Timing and spacing, squashing and stretching. The image shows this as a step by step process. Imagine the view as you would see it whilst onion skinning the animation.
The video shows the ball bouncing, which I made on Flash. I made the Key images, then manually "inbetweened" the ball. But it's not quite right, is it? Although the ball would maintain a constant mass, it should still squash and stretch, right? Well, depending on the material, yes. So here is an example of the ball, as though it was a rubber bouncy ball, with added easing, or cushioning. All done frame by frame.


I was tasked to show the timing and spacing of a hand waving. As I finished it, I found that the hand didn't move as it should through the arc. The hand would move further, around it's own arc, as gravity draws on it. I started a new attempt, as seen below.


No comments:

Post a Comment