Saturday 14 December 2013

LEVEL 5 CONCEPT DESIGN AND ANIMATION - LANEGAN LIVES - ADVERTISING

I created a creature that was a demon which was resurrected in a disused Prison. It was summoned by a group of Documentary makers filming about Capitol Punishment in the US.

Early concepts of the DVD cover or Web Advertising and teasers were of an abandoned warehouse with Graffiti on the walls. 


Lanegan Lives was originally something I used for a Tabletop game I play called Necromunda. A character my brother had was called Lanegan and he was killed. The story the game created for him was so awesome, I wanted to have it effect the world of the game, having it appear in my campaign games was a way to do that. Lanegan Lives was just a great name for my film idea, too.

Final concepts were inspired by wallpapers from the website, http://wallpaperswide.com/scary_corridor-wallpapers.html
I often get Backgrounds for my computer from this website and use the images on there as inspiration for my own work.

The Original.

Adding the picture to Photoshop, I altered the colours to give it a red hue.

Altering the levels to give the image an even darker look to make it more scary looking.

When getting to grips with the Levels, I took it too far, but thought that it would be worth keeping a hold of.

I used the images to create a Launch Party Invite and a Web Banner (I used vertical web banner, as I find websites I use, www.newgrounds.com is a great example, use vertical banners to great effect and can be coded to follow the page scroll, allowing maximum advertising.


No comments:

Post a Comment