Thursday 27 March 2014

Modelling a Tank top

For my Simulation project, clothes will be simulated in 3Ds Max.To make the clothing, you use the Line Tool and draw out the panels and stitch them together, like you would in real life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMOjtxk8AaQ
The video above is a tutorial for making a tank top.

First attempt:
To make the vest, I used this image to draw the base of the shape.

First attempt. The shoulder straps connected fine, but the side seams would not. To fix this, I just need to extend the sides out a little further.

I found that if you simulate so far, then remove the "Use Seams" option, then simulate local again, it removes the seam lines and replaces them with edges, filling in the gaps.

I decided to test it on the Muscle Man rig, or "Goliath" as I call him. I have a lot to fix with this vest, but it's getting underway nicely.
**SIDE NOTE**
Once the clothes are simulated, it's possible to export it as an .obj and use a modeling program, like Zbrush or Sculptress to add more detail to it. Although I wont be doing that in this project, it's something to bear in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment