Sunday 16 March 2014

Lighting and Camera Settings

All of my renders are set the same way. 3-point lighting and a 50mm Camera.



Keylight - Intensity Setting 1.0. This replicates the main source of light, i.e the sun or a lamp

Fill Light added - Intensity Setting 0.1. The Fill light softens the shadows.

Back Light Added. Intensity Setting - 1.0. This light sharpens the back lines of the character.


The Camera Setting I use is a 50mm lens. Why do I use that? It is a ‘normal’ or ‘standard lens’: Don’t let the words normal standard mislead you. By normal it means perspective rendered by the 50mm matches the human eye. So it gives a natural look to the images.


The Renders are all Rendered out to Quicktime .mov and uncompressed. I import them to After Effects to add sound in the case of the Lip Sync, or to "stitch" together the multi angle shots, or repeat the sequence a few times for ease of viewing.
When I Render them from AE, I render them with a H.264 video codec for the final uploads, or Uncompressed to put on Youtube, as Youtube compresses to H.246 anway. Any audio is rendered out as .AAC 48Hz


No comments:

Post a Comment