Sunday 31 March 2013

Making the Skateboard Model

Making the Skateboard model, I tried my best to follow the earlier video (It's in time lapse, you see)

 I made a box, then edited the vertices to create a curved edge. Adjusting the scale, I made the end bow out a little (this is important to give the nose and tail the right shape)
 From there. I highlighted the ends and rotated them slightly. This added the kink you see in the side view.
I dipped the centre of the deck in slightly to give the correct shape of the deck (It's slightly concave, you see). Using the "Symmetry" tool from the drop down, I completed the shape of the deck.

From here, I will be texturing the model. This will give me the experience I need to create the Hoverboard. It is the same process, just the board is shaped slightly different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment