Tuesday 12 March 2013

Scene Rendering

Being tasked to create a Scene (Either taking ideas for Semester One's "A Brave New World" project, or our new Media Project)

In class version of a Funbox with two rails and a divider, plus a Quater and a kicker left to the side.
I was just messing with 3Ds Max to test how the shapes would join together (especially for the rails, they are cylinders with a Bend feature, then grouped to other cylinders). I made the stairs using a line tool and Extruding it out (something that I have kept for the following image, too). The Kicker (and the ramped end of the Funbox is made using a Box, which I edited the vertices to create a wedge shape.
I redid the Skatepark into this small section of The Berrics, one of the most AWESOME skateparks going. Run by Steve Berra and Eric Koston. Creating the stair sets in the same way as in the previous shot (with the line tool and extruding), to prepare for skinning, I've added a separate face on the walled sections of the stairs to allow for easier editing, making them a different material to their bases.

This is the shot I used to base the model;

No comments:

Post a Comment