Wednesday 3 April 2013

Photoshop!

I run another blog for a tabletop wargame I play, Games Workshop's Necromunda.
On the other blog, I write up battle reports in the style of News Feeds from the Dome's news group, The Dead End Gazette. www.necrodeadend.blogspot.com
I've used a couple images in some posts, some are simple images I found online, used in the Necromunda rule books, but one I made using an image I found of a derelict factory. I added graffiti, a simple tag claiming "Lanegan Lives" and the Imperial seal crossed out.
Using a Gaussian Blur in the background to keep the focus on the foreground, I used the multiply tool to add  the graffiti.

 This is the original image I found on Tumblr, through Google Images.


The way I made the graffiti is the same way I added the colour to these photos (which were some of the University weekly challenges)

This was adding colour to the images, using complementary colours. I also added varying shades of the colours to add highlights and shadowing. A technique I use for model painting:
Note the breastplate and the sash/material from the belt, plus the hair. Also, the same technique is used to create camouflage (3-tone urban camo is used on this model)
I used a Gaussian blur on this character to give the effect of glowing material (duplicated several times) and I created a Tron inspired outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment