Sunday 22 February 2015

Advanced Animation and VFX Week 3 - Logo

Looking at industry logos for inspiration of my own, updating it from the Scanline effect version I had been using. Not all animation companies have graphic logos, some opting simply for text, which then becomes identifiable itself. 

Moving on, I began sketching out ideas. A "key" shape stood out to me, as key-key frame animation. Get it? I crack me up!

I tried different fonts and variations, with an without scan lines. In the end, I opted for just text, as fonts that made looks I liked weren't very easy to read. In the image, I explain my reason for the neon look.




A few variations. The black background is simple and easy to read. Maybe the Starburst pattern emanating from the corners in future tests, but honestly, I like the black background.

No comments:

Post a Comment