Tuesday 25 February 2014

L5 CANIM - Performance Capture - Storyboarding WIP

Been working on the Storyboard for the 30 second Mocap/Keyframe interaction piece. For what I've got planned, I've ran it through in my head and it goes for just over 30 seconds. The main dance portion is 15 seconds!

I'm basing the dance from the Sophie Ellis-Bextor video for Murder On The Dancefloor, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsISfQAXE60
The gentleman is going to be Keyframed and the female shall be Motion Capture data.
The initial setup for the dance is going to be in one take. The dance moves themselves shall be broken down into separate takes which I will piece together in Autodesk Motionbuilder.
The cup at the start will be a prop with a constraint, so that the female can hold it and drop it when needed.
I have learned to do this in a tutorial session where a model throws a hand grenade. I will be uploading a render of that soon.
I would like to have another interaction with a prop, but not sure where I can do that. Possibly extend the end of the piece and the female returns to the Refreshment table (from the start) and takes another drink?
I could then have extended the piece to maybe 40 seconds. The keyframe character would just watch as the female walks past him, leaving him behind.

Tomorrow I will be working a little more on the Storyboarding. On Thursday I will need to see my tutor, as I'm having an issue with cleaning up some Mocap data. It isn't allowing me to keyframe out mistakes! I will also be asking if the final piece will allow me to use cameras as my storyboard shows. If I can, the keyframe character will be a little easier to deal with (especially at the start of the clip. I'd be able to avoid animating him walking to the female, leaving more time to clean up data and focus on the keyframes elsewhere)



EDIT, 26/02/14

In the music video, the best example of the dance I will be recreating is in this link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xn_hRh8AGNk#t=158
Time frame 2:38 onwards. There are less people on screen as Sophie was removed her competition through dirty tactics. Though the dance is relatively simple, it shows excellent use of arcs with the turning moves and even just the arm movements in the start of the dance.
I'll be drawing out the breakdown of the dance on paper then uploading it on here. The breakdown will be used as reference on the storyboard, but also for myself when Mocapping it, and the keyframe side of things for the other character.


Quick breakdown sketches of the dance moves performed in the video.Both the male and female characters do the same moves

EDIT, 22/03/14

Just about to upload my Performance Capture Wk7 Upload to Xstream now, so thought I'd share my finished Storyboards now.





No comments:

Post a Comment