Monday 17 December 2012

FINAL PRESENTATION - Environment


The first totally digital environmental design showed the front of a compound. 
Being my first real attempt at Photoshop, this was mainly to get used to the brushes and layout of the program.
 From here, I developed the following;
Another Compound front gate, but this time showing a cityscape in the background. I wanted to add this to show that the compound was a central location in the city, that it is a headquaters for Van Laaq Sciences.

Further implementation had me designing a Comms Array, which would be used to keep in contact with support troops and agents in the field. The idea of the Comms Array in the film would be Chigusa Kamome attempting to destroy these to prevent reinforcements arriving.
I thought the background looked quite bare, so I added more Compound structures to it, another watchtower and some labs/buildings to populate the horizon.

An early design of the new Tyne Bridge coloured using Copic markers and fineliners (For the light array)

This is the hand drawn section of a cityscape environment. It is based off of 74 Broadway and Pine in New York, New York. I will be adding this to Photoshop to digitally colour it.


At some points I used "Paper terrain" for Tabletop games (one I play called Necromunda, from Games Workshop)
Used are two models from House Orlock (Necromunda gang) and two kits from www.Worldworksgames.com (terrain website) called Outpost 105 and Abbandonned (the brown building in the back)







No comments:

Post a Comment