Monday 17 December 2012

FINAL PRESENTATION - Assets

This is the original set of designs and workings for the logos of Van Laaq, both the official, corporation logo, and the Agent/operative logo.What started as a military style symbol became a 50's American Letterman jacket style symbol, but this would not fit right, so it was back to the drawing board. I liked the idea of the logo spelling out part of it's name, and I settled on "VAN". The tough part was making the letters fit together and make it look natural. I opted for the DNA strand logo, as it was in keeping with the Science tone of the corporation. I considered some of the earlier logos for the Agent logo, testing some as patch designs for uniforms. I looked at several uniform logos and the EMS medical logo struck me right away. The use of snakes would be a good patch. Taking the medical symbol and using it for an agent group who deal in extermination of "assets" seemed quite a nice piece of irony. I quickly found I could make the snakes twist like the DNA strand. But I didn't like it. After a bit of looking, I felt it made no real sense as to why the team would be using that, rather than the main logo, so I set about making a new design. The interlinked snakes came up. I tried different positions but I didn't like that it had no real way of saying who they were for, then it caught my eye. The snakes made a crude V and A, with the space between forming the N. I knew then that I had it.

A DNA strand image and a bit of information about it.

I changed the design slightly for this version, making the N into a mutated strand, as if to suggest that the company's science research is altering mankind, making them better. I changed the colours of the proteins to suggest a mutation, also.

The Snakes emblem for the VAN LAAQ enforcers, plus an example of it used as a patch on a sleeve.

The Lasgun is a basic weapon for Chigusa Kamome agents. The top two images were initial design ideas that I had, but as I'm not a weapon smith, I looked into the M16 and M4A1, two of the most commonly used assault rifles used today. I labelled the image to note the key points which I think would be used on the Lasgun. For the Lasgun, I kept the basic shape of the M16, plus the adjustable Car stock and shroud. Removing the Magazine and installing a Horizontal feeding mechanism for the Laser Power Pack, making it a secondary Foregrip. The cocking mechanism became a valve piece for the vents, in the event of overheating from prolonged firing. Adding a Picatinny rail to the bottom of the shroud allows for attachments to be placed on it. Plus, with a rail on the top of the body, I added a Red Dot Sight (RDS).

A Perspective view of how I think the Lasgun would look, plus some information about Bio enhancements within agents and varieties of weapons available through them. 

An example of the Sword arm, with muscle showing to give an example of how it joins to the host, also allowing swapping weapons depending on the mission they embark on.

For this piece, I looked at using the Lasgun as an arm mounted weapon. The initial design (top) was taken directly from the original weapon drawing, but shortened to accommodate being used under a membrane skin. I added some history to the updated weapon as if it was a weapon report by Chigusa Kamome, stating improvements in technology through acquiring companies.

The original design of a wrist mounted keyboard that would be used for a stealth mission (rather than taking a weapon arm, they could use this to hack systems). It shows the fingers being used as cables, plus a little information about the mod idea.

A more detailed version, featuring a flipdown keyboard and a screen used to access systems. I took this idea from using my Nintendo DS as a prop to get the opening motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment