Thursday 22 September 2011

First Post!

So, this is my first post for Chris McEwan Animation.
So, as you can guess, I want to be an animator. I currently use Flash Pro CS5. It's been a long while since I really animated anything worth showing, and when I look back, what I had showed was not all that good. In recent years I've got lazy and hardly done anything. It's a shame, really. I had a
tremendous talent for creating animations for my jokes and spent practically all of my High School career animating. I even made a bit of money by doing things for a club in the town I lived.
Nowadays, I try to draw using my graphics tablet, but it never comes out right. I need to get back to it. I have so many ideas for things I want to create. From "Reasons To Be Miserable", a short series about the highs and lows of working in Retail, through the eyes and over-active imagination of a disgruntled employee, besotted with a co-worker (I've got episode outlines and the basis of Ep1 Script down). Then there's Dead Night, a zombie animation that has been through so many rewrites, it's not even resembling the first incarnation of it, then named Chitch Of The Dead. And more recently, I want to show my love for the game Syndicate, by Bullfrog, by creating a couple episodes based on it. For those of you who don't know the game, it's a Cyberpunk strategy game set in the future, where Syndicates run countries and are warring over global control. It's full of Augmentation and mission planning. Check it out.

I would love if this blog was discovered by some other budding animators, or some prolific doodlers (of which I also am), or, Hell, just ANYBODY!
I want to update this as often as I can, showing drawings, animations, anything I do, and recieve feedback and tips on how to further what I am doing.

Okay, to give you something to look at, the below picture is a sort of Self Portrait.It's a character from "Reasons To Be Miserable", who is based on myself. That's how I'd look if I was a cartoon character.





Thanks everyone!
I hope to see you again!
Maybe I'll have some actual animation, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment